- 2 ounces fresh passion fruit juice*
- 1/2 ounce orange juice
- 1/2 ounce 1/2 grapefruit juice
- 1/4 ounce 1/4 freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 teaspoons sugar adjust to taste
- fresh mint for garnish put a whole stalk in so the flavor can absorb a little into the drink
Chill cocktail shaker and large wine goblets in the freezer.
Shake all ingredients in the chilled cocktail shaker, along with a glassful of crushed ice.
When the cocktail shaker has turned white, pour content into a large chilled wine goblet without straining.
Garnish with mint stalk and passion fruit seed, add a large wide straw, and serve immediately.
Use the fresh juice directly from the fruit, putting it into a food processor to grind up some of the seeds along with the juice. The ground up seeds add a very nice texture.
In Brazil they always serve this juice with some seeds in it. They also make the cocktail more interesting and attractive looking. Save one whole passion fruit seed to put on the very top of each drink for garnish.