- 1/3 cup fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 cup washed and fresh mint leaves packed and chopped
- 1/2 cup honey (you can adjust this more or less according to your taste in sweetness)
- 2 cups boiling spring water
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice or lemon or both!
- 1 1/2 cups sparkling mineral water or soda water
- ice cubes
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
Combine chopped ginger, mint and honey in medium bowl.
Add boiling water and let steep for 30 minutes to bring out all the essential oils.
With a cloth strainer, strain the liquid into a container that will hold 4 cups. While doing this take a spoon and press the ingredients into the strainer to extract all the flavors.
Add fresh lime juice (make sure the limes feel soft and not hard when purchasing them to ensure they are nice and juicy) and enough chilled sparkling water to make 4 cups of liquid in total.
Stir gently, you don’t want to break all the bubbles.
Fill glasses with ice cubes .